Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Bambara

Diana finished our store sample. I'm in love. Now I really need to get going on mine.
Pattern: Bambara Wrap (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Adelaide from Primrose Yarn Co. 
Bambara is a generously-sized wrap, knit on the bias with simple shaping and alternating sections of lace and garter. The colours and patterns weave together like the layers of a melody, calling to mind the iconic sound of The Cure’s A Forest. It’s the perfect opportunity to play with colour – use a 3-skein gradient with a coordinating contrast colour, mix speckles and solids in 4 different colours for a fun, bold look, or keep it subtle with neutral solids.
The sample uses a 3 colour speckle gradient with a brighter colour “pop”. C1 is the colour “pop”, C2 is the darkest of the gradient trio, C3 is the lightest colour and C4 is the middle shade of the gradient trio.


We had our Fantasy Football draft tonight so I'm really late with my post. I'm just going to get it in under the wire.

While I was writing, a newsletter came in from Ambah.
Second chance for everyone….I have put my entire Ravelry store on sale for the next 48 hours. Enjoy an automatic 20% off all patterns and eBooks.
Stock up. You won't be disappointed having a library full of Ambah's patterns.

No comments: