Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Coors Cowl

It's cold out. It's rainy out. What a yucky day. It has me thinking that snow will be coming soon and I want some warm cowls. We live in the country now and the wind howls.
The Coors Cowl is a soft, squishy infinity scarf knit in Classic Elite Chalet. You can download the pattern for free...
The cowl is knit with 5 skeins of Chalet on 8mm needles.
Chainette yarns are well-deserving of their popularity...the construction simultaneously provides strength and lightness. Add a luxury fiber blend of baby alpaca and bamboo to that inherent lightness and you have Chalet, a decadently soft yarn with a lovely drape in a chunky weight from our MountainTop Collection of yarns spun from natural, undyed fibers
 Then Classic Elite brought out Chateau.
MountainTop Chalet's colorful cousin, Chateau is the same super-soft baby alpaca/bamboo blend with a chainette construction. It knits up quickly, which is perfect for last-minute holiday gifts. Any pattern written for Chalet will knit-up just as beautifully in Chateau.
These are the colours that I chose for my cowl. No, I'm not starting another project. Yarn is being shipped to Lynda today. She is very good at starting and finishing a project - unlike myself.

I was dragging a bit today. The baseball game went 14 innings last night. The good thing about a long game - a lot of knitting. After doing a touch of work, Survivor is waiting for us. And another baseball game. Please, no extra innings tonight. I need some sleep because tomorrow morning is all about accounting. UGH! Talk about putting someone in a bad mood. I'll be happy by the time I get to the store in the afternoon though. Our table and sideboard come tomorrow.

No comments: