Thursday, March 12, 2015

Castalia

There was another trip to the dentist today and on the way I stopped to wash my dad's truck. It's going back to him tomorrow and my car is coming out to play.

Thank goodness I had knitting in the truck. It was a long line up so I got some rows done while I was waiting.


Diana dropped of our finished Castalia Shawl today. The shawl is beautiful and I think that I picked colours that play really well together.

The pattern (designed by Toby Roxane Barna) is not available for sale yet - it will be on Ravelry later this year. We have permission to sell you the pattern with the purchase of Serenity Sock Glitter or Serenity Silk Single or Serenity 20 from Zen Yarn Garden.
A wide triangular shawl worked from the top down, the Castalia shawl features an undulating lace border worked in a contrasting color.

Yarn: Serenity Glitter Sock (1 skein each of 2 colours)
Sample Colours: Crocus and Coast Guard
Needles: 4mm circular


It's much later and I got a lot more knitting done today. My car wash earlier in the day was at Suds. The best place to have your car washed. They will also do the interior. I paid to have it cleaned inside but the line up was so long that I would miss my dentist appointment. I went back after closing the store and sat for close to an hour. The truck is spotless inside - I even had them shampoo the floor mats so there is no trace of winter left. Then I dropped it off at mom and dad's as they were pulling in the driveway from Myrtle Beach.

Grey's is taping and it's time to watch. I want to get my scarf finished tonight so I can get back to Ley Lines.

No comments: