Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wainwright


Wainwright by Bristol Ivey
An asymmetric cardigan whose construction takes traditional chevrons for a joy ride.
Cardigan body is worked flat; circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of stitches and undulations in the fabric. Circular needle may be used for Magic Loop Method in sleeves.

Lorna's Laces had this cardigan in their booth at TNNA. It is beautiful. When I saw it yesterday morning on Ravelry I messaged Bristol and asked if I could use her pictures.

Purchase the pattern on Ravelry...


Finished Measurements 
32 1/4 (35 1/4, 39, 41 3/4, 47, 50, 53)” bust, when buttoned 
Sample shown in size 39” with 2” of positive ease
Yarn 
Masham Worsted by Lorna’s Laces (70% British Wool, 30% Masham Wool; 170 yds/100g); 7 (8, 9, 9, 10, 10, 11, 12) skeins in Pewter, or 1125 (1235, 1360, 1470, 1585, 1695, 1715, 1875) yards heavy worsted yarn
Needles 
One 32” or 40” circular needle (circ) in size US 8 5 mm 
Set of double pointed needles (DPNs) in size US 8 5 mm 
Set of DPNs in size US 7 4.5 mm 
or size needed to obtain gauge
The yarn is new from Lorna's Laces. It's not here yet but it's coming.

Masham
70% British Wool
30% Masham Wool
170 yards on a 100gram skein
4 stitches = 1" on 4.5mm-5mm needles

The fibres take the dye differently which creates a marled look. 


I have a few skeins at home in St. Charles - the wild orange, purple, lime colour way. I didn't take any Liberty home the other night so I decided to 'swatch' St. Charles. In this case swatch means knit a cowl. :)

The yarn is awesome. I've already added more colours to my order from Lorna's Laces. The cowl could/should be done tonight.

2 comments:

emmacole1979 said...

Julie, do you know if the Masham Worsted is superwash or not? It looks very interesting.

Julie said...

Emma
I'm going to guess that it is not super wash. I threw out my labels but by the feel of it I'm going to say it's not.