Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Little Things

I got a bit more knit on my cardigan last night. I think the tension is going to be okay so now it's full steam ahead. I'm really liking the double strand Bella Lino.
Now there are thoughts of doubling Rowan's new Silkystones dancing in my head.

Another free pattern from Rowan. Kidsilk Haze and Kaffe Fassett. What an amazing pairing.
Knit this women's striped cardigan from Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 55 online, a design by Kaffe Fassett using the beautiful yarn Kidsilk Haze (super kid mohair and silk). With a drop shoulder, and shawl neckline, this knitting pattern is for the intermediate knitter.
Download the pattern... 
An email came through last week about the Woodstock Fleece Festival. It's time to register and you should be marking your calendar. Saturday October 18, 2014. It's a show you don't want to miss!
Some days the little things in life make me happy. I changed the ribbon on our cash register before Christmas, with a brand new ribbon, but the ink was never dark. Sometimes you couldn't read the receipt. The company that sold me the cash register is no longer in business. The manufacturer couldn't tell me where to buy ribbons. Monday I was surfing the net and found a Canadian company that sold compatible ribbons. They arrived today. We can read the receipts again. This put a big smile on my face. Like I said, some days the little things in life make me happy.


No comments: