Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Home Again

We made it home safely. I love to travel but it always great to come home. And the cleaning ladies were here on Friday so it's a clean home with a nicely made bed.

Here are a few more pictures from the trip.
Saturday afternoon was spent watching football (maybe I shouldn't say that since the trip was about buying for the store). Franco Harris was sitting at the end of the next table. One of Beth's favourite football players when she was young so it was a big treat for her. 
Some new designs from Classic Elite for spring. The Classic Elite booth is always inspiring with all their colours.




Offhand Designs new bag Kazul in Theodora.
A few things that came home from the show. These are not for me. They will be part of a gift basket to be given away. I will talk more about it at the beginning of February. Both here on the blog and in a newsletter. Yarn from Lorna's Laces and Freia Fine Handpaints as well as books from Classic Elite. 
Clapotis is growing. I knit quite a bit on the flight home. The colour in the picture above is the colour of the shawl. The picture below is to show my first dropped stitches. Beth kept bugging me on the plane. "When are you going to drop?" She watched when I did it and she almost freaked out. It's super simple to do and the stitch can only drop down so far. You can see holes in the picture above. The stitch drops down to the hole and then stops there.
It's bed time. We were up early to get to the airport. It's only 5:30 in California so I shouldn't be tired but I can barely keep my eyes open. The first load of laundry is dry and I'm putting the second one in the dryer. Then into my nicely made bed.

No comments: