Thursday, January 09, 2014

Hello San Diego

We're on the plane about 20 minutes from San Diego. I probably should have started this sooner because any minute they are going to tell us to turn off all electronics.

I made it through 3 and a half episodes of Law & Order on the plane. Great TV to knit to. I've seen most episodes so it was more listening and knitting.

Clapotis is growing. Taking pictures on the plane wasn't easy.

There is the little tv in the seat back. That was tuned into the map. I enjoy watching our progress.

It's 11pm in San Diego. We made it to the hotel, checked in, dumped our luggage and went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. The restaurant opened 2 weeks ago. Like they knew we were coming.

I'm eating my cheesecake while writing. Carrot cake cheesecake. To quote my dad, "it's sooooo good!"

Tomorrow morning we are meeting the ladies from River City Yarns (their stores are in Edmonton) for breakfast. Then the zoo. The polar bears are waiting for us.

It's been a long day and there won't be any resting tomorrow so I should sign off and head to bed.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Your trip sounds amazing and I'm traveling vicariously through your posts. I went to both River City Yarns stores in Edmonton last June. So much temptation!
Law & Order is one of my all-time favorite shows and I wish it was still on. Have you ever seen Law & Order UK? It's excellent, too. Thanks for the posts. It's better than the Travel Channel!