Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hats

The first set of hats went to Mission Services this morning. They were very excited. It's so cold out today that I didn't want to wait until the end of the month.

There were two full bags-48 hats. Men's, women's and children's. Knit and crocheted. Awesome. Thanks to all who brought in hats. If you haven't, there is still time. We're taking them until the end of January.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Here's a blog post about it...
This afternoon 12 more hats came in. A great start for our next delivery. Thanks again!

My first CustomFit pattern was made this morning and I have cast on. I'm making a cardigan and decided to start on a front. I don't doubt the pattern or Amy's measurements but I want to make sure that I did the tension swatch properly. Half the stitches means less ripping if necessary. The pattern is very well written - 9 pages. And you can download it as a PDF which means you can add it to iBooks on your iPad.
Here it is a few inches in. I think that I might be knitting a bit looser for the cardigan than the swatch. I'm going to work on it tonight and see how it looks with a few more inches done.

We're caught up on The Blacklist. I think it's a show that we should wait until the end of the season and watch it all at once. I don't like having to wait a week to see the next episode. No, I'm not a patient person in any sort of way.

Canada's Handyman Challenge starts tonight. Beth and I grew up on construction sites with our dad so it's a fun show to watch. It means more knitting time too. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

See numbers 6-9 here:
http://www.designsponge.com/2014/01/52-brilliant-ideas-for-organizing-your-home.html#more-191234
I know you have a purpose in mind for your vintage cases, but these ideas are fun.