Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Finished

Our first hats came in today. 3 fantastic kids hats. It would be great if we could get 3 hats a day from now until the end of January. If you aren't familiar with the hats we are making for Mission Services, take a look at our latest newsletter...

My first hat is finished. Lynn made the pom pom for me yesterday.
The pattern can be found on Ravelry... I used Bastion. 2 balls for the hat and 1 ball for the pom pom.

It is so cold out that my friend needed a scarf. It is the Two Direction Scarf knit out of Classic Elite Liberty Wool.

My biggest concern about going away. What am I going to take to knit? I think I have the pattern picked out but now the colour.
Pashmina Worsted. Alizarin on top and grenadine on the bottom.

Meet Wayne. We finished him Tuesday evening and he is in Toronto. Tomorrow morning he will be flying to LA to participate in a trade show - not the show that we are going to. I hope he behaves.
Beth was having fun changing his eyebrows to give him different facial expressions.


Beth is very proud of her work. She sent pictures to Rebecca Danger, the author of The Big Book of Knitted Monsters. Beth used the pattern for Cecil the Computer Monster to make Wayne.

It's a bit later in the day and the decision about knitting has been decided. I'm going to knit Clapotis in Alizarin. Why Clapotis? Take a look at this project on Ravelry. When I saw golfgirl417's Clapotis I knew that I had to make it.

Most of my 'before I can go away' chores are done. The last few include picking up the dry cleaning, having my nails done and packing. This afternoon I looked in the mirror and my roots are grey again. There is an emergency appointment with Trish tomorrow morning. I should be using the time for better things but I can't deal with the grey. My dad laughed at me and I told him that he should be paying for my appointment. It's my parents fault that I have grey hair-they were both grey very young.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wayne rocks!!

Theresa in MI

Observer said...

I'm working on hats...knit two kids ones yesterday and working on my first teen/adult one today. What a great project for a winter day!

Dayana Knits said...

Wayne is so awesome! And may I say, quite relaxed despite his coloring. :)