Saturday, August 10, 2013

Beginner Knitting


We are going to be running a beginner knitting class. You don’t need any prior knitting knowledge to take this class.

Friday August 16 and Friday August 23, 2013
1-3pm

$55 which includes on skein of Cascade 220

You will need a 4.5mm (US#7) pair of needles. If you don’t have the needles we have them for sale in the store.

In the class you will learn cast on, cast off, knit, purl and how to wind a skein of yarn into a ball. You will be making an infinity scarf.

About our instructor Nadine McLeod


Knitting has always has been my passion in life.  I learned to hand-knit at the age of 5 through my grandmother and have always cherished this as one of the greatest gifts of my life.  It has provided me with a vehicle for my creative expression and I believe that knitting is firmly embedded in my DNA. 

My designs are simple, chic and elegant inspired by the texture of a stitch, natural fibers and beaded embellishments.  I feel great sense of excitement when purchasing a ball of yarn to imagine how the yarn will be transformed into fabric through pattern, texture and shape.  There is a deep sense of accomplishment once the project has been completed and I can't wait for the next project to begin.

The following designs have been published in Clotheshorse Magazine:
Egeria          Natural Elements Collection - Spring/Summer 2012
Bauhaus      Graphic Collection - Winter 2012/2013

People's Choice Winner at the Creativ Festival's Designers Choice Awards for Starry Nights Double Pendant Lamp Shade in the knitting/crochet category held in Fall 2012.

Knitting has been described as the ‘new yoga’ through its repetitive rhythm and it allows my imagination and creative expression to soar through the meditative state it induces.  Knitting also fosters a sense of community through guilds and knitting groups offering a unique opportunity to teach, learn, inspire and to be inspired.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

It looks like an excellent beginner class that will certainly "hook" the students into needlework for the rest of their lives. I taught a similar class at Xavier University in the 1980's. :) It was great fun to teach and watch the students "lights" come on as they mastered the basic skills. Fun!