Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Getting ready for Fall

Yarn bowls are on the way. We should have them in the store next week.

I'm getting many emails from suppliers who will be setting up booths at TNNA this weekend. There is going to be lots and lots to look at while I'm at the show.

-Lorna's Laces has new colours
-madelinetosh has 10 new colours
-Dream in Color has new colours
-there are new needles and accessories from Knitters Pride
-Offhand Designs has new fabrics
-Classic Elite, Rowan, Debbie Bliss, Noro, Prism.....
-Della Q

I'm not sure that I will be able to fit it all in 2 days. The third day is for shopping. :) Nordstroms. Macys. Cheesecake Factory-that might be the most important stop. Carrot Cake Cheesecake. YUMMY!!

Then there are the companies that I might not order from but I need to look at.

The knitting is progressing. Not fast enough but I'm going to sit and do some now. I've been trying to get the store in order for when I go. And then Mr. UPS brought in 8 boxes of yarn. That has seriously cut into my knitting time.

We have all the colours of Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe back in stock.
I love these wraps so much that I will use any excuse to put the pictures in a blog post.

Kim and I will be making kits tomorrow for

Hydrangea Hedge



 Bird of Paradise
 Pansy Patch
Herb Garden

A big box came from Berroco as well. The new colours of Ultra Alpaca Fine are FINE! If you are like to knit socks with cables and/or lace you will like these. Great for shawls as well.

Jubilee
A free pattern from Berroco that uses two skeins of Ultra Alpaca Fine.

Download the pattern...

See the shades...

To add to my 'to do' list (which has become Kim's 'to do' list for tomorrow) Mr. Canpar came in with two large boxes. The new yarn, Mecha, from Malabrigo has arrived. I took a quick look and then closed the box. I was afraid that I would take a few skeins home to see how the yarn knits. No time for that right now. We also received a few bags of Malabrigo Sock. I had one bag (5 skeins) in my knitting bag and then realized I was being greedy so I put it back on the shelf.

It's 8pm and I really need to move upstairs. I have 6 rows of pattern and then 4 rows of garter stitch. Then the fun begins-neck shaping. Plus the stocking stitch starts so it should start going faster. I have to get the front done tomorrow so I can sew tomorrow night and do a bit of blocking on Thursday. I can't wet block it because it won't dry but I will lay a damp towel on it to get the edges to lay flat. Now I'm starting to get nervous.

2 comments:

Dayana Knits said...

Best of luck getting that done!!!

Lois Evensen said...

Pretty scarves. The yarn bowls are cool - I like the sheep faces. :)