Monday, February 25, 2013

Another FO

The Inspira Cowl is finished. Blocked. Ends sewn in. DONE!
I tried to be creative with my picture. Didn't work (the styrofoam head didn't want to sit in the branches like I planned in my head) but it does show the cowl. :)
I'm a bit further on the sleeve of Eos. Last night while everyone was watching the Oscars we watched The Amazing Race and some episodes of The Mentalist. I don't like going to the movie theatre. Can't sit that long without my knitting or pausing to go to the washroom or to get a drink. I like to be able to talk while watching a movie as well. I haven't seen any of the movies that were nominated so sitting through the show can be a bit boring.

Just one question. Who goes on The Amazing Race when they are afraid of water? Why do you sit at a detour for 45 minutes discussing if you can do it or not? Try it and if you can't then try the other one. Not that hard. Especially for people who are smart.

I was adding my Inspira Cowl to Ravelry when I came across a beautiful cowl pattern.
Joselyn Cowl knit in Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk. You can also use Metalico from Blue Sky Alpacas or madelinetosh pashmina.

I decided to take the sleeve for Eos outside and get a picture on my friend. I quickly pinned it so it isn't sitting as neatly as it should but it lets you see the lace pattern. I'm into the second ball and have about an inch and a half to go. Or so I think. I'm going to put the sleeve on a holder and start the back. If I do the sleeve length that the pattern calls for I usually end up with sleeves that are too long. I'm going to knit the front and back, sew the shoulders together and then pin the sleeves in to make sure they are the correct length. Much easier than getting everything knit and sewn together only to find out that the sleeves have to be rolled up. Yes, I could take out the seams and shorten the sleeves but remember I'm a lazy knitter. It's easier to roll them. :)

And what is the weather tomorrow going to be? I just looked on my iPad and it says 20cm (8") tomorrow and then 5-10cm (2-4") on Wednesday. Are we really getting that much?

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, I LOVE that cowl! :) Gorgeous. Nice shots against the snow, too.