Friday, November 02, 2012

Donuts

Ms. UPS met me in the driveway as I was pulling in this morning with three boxes from Rowan.

-the last few colours of Kidsilk Haze Glamour.
-the magazine The Glamour Collection
-a sample scarf. Very pretty.

When I got to the door there was a big box of books waiting for me.








As hard as I tried to get section 2 done last night I had to go to bed. I really thought about staying up until it was done but I would be really grouchy today. (I know that some of you are making a funny face and saying that I'm always grouchy. :))

I have 9 rows to go. 

Beth and I went out for dinner last night and then stopped at Best Buy hoping they would have the new iPad Mini on display. (This is my excuse as to why the knitting didn't get done) It wasn't there. I stopped in this morning on my way to work to see it. I like it! Unfortunately my iPad still works great so I don't need one.

While we were at dinner I mentioned that the Liberty Wool from Classic Elite was starting to look messy. Beth reminded me of a shelving unit that was in the storage unit. It was made a few years ago when we did the addition. At that time it didn't work anywhere in the store but it does now. It is perfect.
The idea came from a donut shop. The shelving slants with baskets and they can pull the basket out to get to the donuts. The put up of Liberty is donut balls so it is perfect. Not sure Friday afternoon was the best time to do this but dad was available to deliver it so I'm rearranging. This is really cutting down on the knitting time. :)
Spud and Chloe Sweater lived by the door to the washroom. That is where the new stand sits. Now the Sweater lives in the middle of the room where the Liberty was. When done I think everything is going to look much better and easier to find colours.

Beth stopped by and picked up my computer so I could go out after work. This weekend is the pottery show in Dundas.

This is what I came home with. It's very pretty.



And very useful. I now own a yarn bowl. I'm liking it!!

Okay, there were a few other things but they are Christmas presents for my mom. Can't show them - she reads the blog.

Now I need to get knitting.

1 comment:

ana said...

your yarn bowl is lovely! is it by jack dunning/echo river? i had never heard of them until earlier this year when my husband gave one to me as a gift. i love mine. (wrote about it here)

also, i think i may need (want very muchly) that top down sweater book!