Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Do what the pattern says

I learned a very good lesson today. It is one that I am always telling customers but sometimes you need to remember to practice what you preach. Today was hair day. It has been forever since I have visited Trish and it was very necessary. I thought about taking All the Shades of Truth with me but it is getting so big. I have two balls of Freia Fingering at home so I decided to start a scarf. This will be the knitting I'm going to take away with me. 
The pattern is called Drop City-I mentioned it yesterday. Short rows worked in self striping yarn. Every time I read the pattern I was sure it was wrong. I have been thinking about it for days. When I go to bed I try to figure it out. This morning I cast on the stitches and started. It isn't wrong-I was misreading it. Once you start it is easy to do-kind of mindless knitting.

NOTE TO SELF: JUST DO WHAT THE PATTERN SAYS

There are 170 people making the scarf on Ravelry so if the pattern was wrong someone before me would have found the mistake!!

Here it is after seeing Trish
When I took it out of my purse at the salon the stitches had come off my needle so I had to pull back a few rows. This is my excuse for not getting any further. Really it was the fact that I was enjoying some quiet time by myself and was daydreaming instead of knitting.

I can't say that I like Beth's iPad Mini. I LOVE IT!! It didn't take long to set it up. It is so light-weighs nothing compared to my iPad and it's lighter than my iPhone. I put a knitting pattern into iBooks to see how easy it is to read. Very. TV shows look good on it. Easy to watch. It fits nicely into the pocket of my purse. It won't take up any room in my knitting bag. I hope Santa is reading this.

It's TV and All the Shades of Truth time. I have 2 rows of black, 42 rows of purple and then 11 rows of black to go on section 6. Then the two side borders. It won't be done and blocked before I go away but I hope to have the knitting finished. 

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Been there, done that ... it was a sleeve I thought was written wrong. LOL

Great colour choice for the scarf. :)