Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lynda has been busy

Mr. Canada Post brought in a parcel from Lynda this morning. She has been busy getting samples knit for the Frolic.

The throw is a kit from Mountain Colors-Warm and Wooly Throw Trio. There are three versions. Easy Knit, Lace (pictured) and Crocheted.

The kits includes four different yarns that are hand dyed in Montana.
-Mohair
-Moguls
-Mountain Goat
-Merino Ribbon


Thendara from Stephen West. The pattern is in his new book Westknits Book Three (we have copies in the store) or you can buy it on Ravelry.

From Stephen's Ravelry page
I don’t think anyone can have too many shawls so I returned to one of my favorite construction methods to whip up this graphic top-down design. Two colors are worked with increases to form a triangle and then two additional locations of increases are added, which transform the shape into a unique piece of architectural knitting. The extra fabric formed by the increases causes the shawl to drape beautifully whether it is resting across the shoulders or tossed around the neck.
Our sample is knit in tosh pashmina combining cove (a light blue/green) and curiosity (a mauve).
It is very, very soft. I can't wait to wear it. :)

Tiny Tea Leaves is almost done. I finished the second sleeve last night and have six rows knit on one of the front bands. My goal is to get the knitting finished tonight. Now I need to get to work on my Trendsetter Vest if it is going to be done by next Saturday.

Beth was sitting on the couch behind me knitting reading (where did knitting come from?) while I was finishing my post. Roko loves to read so he joined Beth on the couch. Normally he won't have his picture taken but today he sat like an angel for me.

Then he decided to pose. Hockey (two games) and baseball has started. It's knitting time!

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Rocko sure knows how to get comfy. :) Love the shawls, too.