Saturday, March 03, 2012

Quilting

Yesterday afternoon Dad brought me another stand from storage. I wanted to change up the display of Liberty. There is still a bit of tidying to do but I'm happy with how it looks.
I needed to wind two more skeins of tosh last night before I could proceed on my sleeves. Sitting on the same table as the ball winder is my sewing machine and quilting fabric. I have decided that tomorrow I am going to quilt.

This led to all my quilting books being hauled out. My biggest quilting inspiration is Kaffe Fassett-I have a lot of his books. :) Mixed in were two patterns from Tula Pink. I bought these on Bainbridge Island (near Seattle) two years ago.

I didn't buy the fabric for Cherry Pie but there is some really cool Amy Butler fabric in my stash that will work.
I need to decide on the solid colours for the edging. Jane is working on Monday so I might be taking a trip to the quilt shop.

For Spiked Punch I have two Jelly Rolls of the printed fabric-just in case I want to make a king size quilt. If I go smaller I am sure there are a few people who will take the rest of my fabric-mom, Jane and Cathy. I don't have the main colour for this quilt either and I can't start until I have it. I guess that makes my mind up-fabric shopping on Monday.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Quilting sounds like a fun change for awhile. :) I look forward to seeing what you make.