Thursday, March 08, 2012

Liberty

We have two new colours of Liberty from Classic Elite. If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that I love this yarn. I have knit a lot with it and have it at home on the needles as well.
Liberty Wool is a super-soft, washable wool available in solid and printed colors. This yarn's balanced twist will make all stitch combinations pop.With all the great qualities of wool and the ease of machine washability, Liberty Wool knits at a gauge that suits many designs and is ideal for children's pieces as well as those for adults.
7865 Violet Glen
7864 Flower Garden
I love these colours!!

Classic Elite is bringing out two colours a month until June. We don't know what they are until they arrive in the store. Just like Christmas.

I totally forgot to show the colours that arrived in February
7863 Brick Road
7862 Watercolour
Rainbow
There are new patterns as well.
February Baby Cardigan
I'm going to send an email to Classic Elite asking them to make this in an adult size-very cute.
A cardigan for babies with set-in sleeves, garter stitch cuffs and chevron hem and collar. Written for sizes 6-12 months (18 months, 24 months) and shown in 6-12 months size.
Colour 7862 Watercolour Rainbow
 Easy Moebius Cowl
An easy cowl with plenty of interest that is entirely knit, first flat in Garter stitch then joined with a ½ twist. Cowl is then finished in the round with a contrasting Stockinette stitch border.
Colour 7864 Flower Garden
 Hooded Scarf
A long, ribbed scarf with a simple hood with easy shaping in the middle. Piece begins with ribbed scarf end and worked across the hood then down the second scarf end. Hood is seamed in finishing.
Colour 7865 Violet Glen
Mitred Cowl
Worked entirely in Garter stitch, ten mitered diamonds are worked one after the other, in one piece without breaking yarn. A short seam is sewn to join the first diamond to the last and form a cowl. Stitches are then picked up and triangles are worked along each edge to complete.
Colour 7864 Flower Garden

I am about to start the second decrease row on Gnarled Oak. Last night in class Lynn asked me to set my cardigan aside and work on something else for a bit. I am further ahead than her and she wants to catch up. Rumour has it that Sarah will be home for Easter weekend. Will she have her cardigan done for us to get pictures??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came on your blog but pure luck. I just wanted to let you know I enjoy it very much. It is a high light of my evenings. I'm sure it isn't easy to do every day but, I appreciate the effort!!!
I live in Michigan and wish I lived closer to come to your store!!

Julie said...

Thanks for reading the blog. Maybe you will be traveling through one day and can stop by. Or maybe a road trip!!