Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Finishing School

Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters by Deborah Newton
The book is on it's way to us and hopefully we will have it by Friday. If not then on Monday.

From Vogue Knitting's website:
The word “finishing” fills many knitters with dread. Some even abandon projects rather than complete the necessary steps to achieve beautiful, wearable garments. Now, notable knitter and designer Deborah Newton shares her expertise and love of finishing techniques in an on-the-page master class. Deborah patiently takes her student-readers step by step through the ins and outs of blocking, seaming, edging, and embellishments, giving them the confidence and skills to create professional-looking knitwear. In addition to Deborah's expert instructions, the book includes patterns for 12 sweaters, jackets, and scarves, many with variations.
Hardcover with jacket • 164 pages
On Sunday afternoon I backed up my computer and yesterday I upgraded to the Lion operating system. There are things that I like but one thing I don't like is adding pictures to blogger. It is really slow. Hopefully I will figure out a quicker way to do it. The other problem is that my mouse is scrolling backwards. That is my first job in the morning.

I thought I was going to knit last night. Didn't happen. I almost went to bed at 8:30 but decided that wasn't a good idea-I would wake up very early this morning. We watched Master Chef Canada and Mike Holmes was the guest judge. He told the contestants that he is a Meataterian. I like that term. Totally applies to me.

I started the third square across today. I will get it done tonight!

No comments: