Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Conservatory

The ladies in my Wednesday night knitting class were very adamant that I tell you a few things. I think they were a bit miffed that I said they come and sit and talk and don't actually knit. :)
-They did bring their knitting out last night
-They learned a new technique-provisional cast on

Scottie in Varuni
The fabric is amazing-the picture doesn't
do it justice.
Mr. Canada Post has been busy bringing me parcels the past few days.

Two boxes from madelinetosh with tosh sock, tosh merino DK and tosh DK

One box from Offhand Designs with knitting bags and needle cases.

A box of patterns from Anne Hanson-Knitspot

I emailed Anne earlier today to make sure it was okay for me to use her pictures on my blog. I didn't think I would hear back until Monday because of Thanksgiving. I just received an email from her telling me to go ahead. Thank you Anne.

There are many pictures to show so I am going to spread them over the next few days.

This is Gnarled Oakwoods

A rectangle stole featuring lush, organic motifs that convey the rich, earthy scents and textures of a woodland floor. Stole is worked from hem to center back in two pieces which are then grafted. 
 
Suggested Yarns: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, Briar Rose Josephine, Woolen Rabbit Opulence, Wooly Wonka Fibers Celestial, Jaeger Alpaca, Rowan Felted Tweed, or any fingering weight yarn with a relaxed, drapey hand and approximately 400 yards per 100 grams.

Finished Size: 22 inches wide x 80 inches long (stretched and blocked)

Yarn Requirements: 1100 yards

Gauge: 22 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette (unstretched, unblocked)

Needles: size 6US (4.0 mm) needle

While I was away a box arrived from Berroco with Lacey.

Here are some more pictures from the Conservatory at the Bellagio.

I showed this picture while I was away but I couldn't make it large in my post. I'm not sure if you could really see the flowers and the detail in the picture.
Beth was a little freaked out by the tree-his eyes move. She said it reminds her of Pufnstuf which caused her sleepless nights when we were kids.
The Conservatory is always a highlight of any trip to Vegas. I'm so happy we got to see a finished display-many times we are there during construction.
It is amazing what they can do with plants and flowers.





This is the check in/out desk at the Bellagio. We were there at noon as people were checking out so I couldn't get any closer.

I haven't touched any knitting since Friday morning in the airport. My fingers are itching so I am putting my work away and going to catch up on Revenge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any more information about classes? The only ones I can see on the website were in October, is the Wednesday night class something different? Interested in classes, would love some more info!

orangeries said...

I really, like this conservatory; it is well maintained and beautiful.