Wednesday, June 01, 2011

New Goodies

Are you a lace knitter?  We just received a new yarn from Prism called Delicato.

100% Tencel
100 gram skein
575m (630 yards)

From Prism's website
Delicato is a lovely lace-weight Tencel®. Silky, smooth and lustrous, Tencel® has ten times the absorbancy of cotton, less stretch than rayon, and incredible dye saturation. 
This lovely lace yarn is a terrific substitute for more costly silk. Lustrous, smooth and silky, the hand is superior with beautiful stitch definition and blocking retention.  

Two new books arrived this afternoon as well.

Knit Noro
From Vogue Knitting's website (where you can see all the designs from the book)
Japanese designer Eisaku Noro creates some of the world's most magnificent yarns-made from exquisite natural materials and color-blended into stunning hues, they're prized by knitters everywhere. This lush, beautifully styled book offers needleworkers of all skill levels a collection of patterns that make the most of Noro's breathtaking creations. The projects, which range from an Entrelac Scarf and Cowl Neck Vest to a Felted Cloche and Chevron Throw, include on-trend fashion and accessories.
Hardcover with Jacket • 144 pages
knit, Swirl! arrived as well.  The book is beautiful.  Even if you don't knit anything from it the pictures are great.

When I got home from work last night I blocked Rock Island.  After a 15 minute soak in Phil with Soak Unleashed I took the shawl outside and hung it on the fence to get some of the water out of it.  The plan was to then pin in out to 'aggressively block' as Jared suggests. Small problem. The shawl dried quickly. I will decide if I want it blocked further and rewet.

There was one more parcel from Mr. Canada Post today. This was from Wannietta.

Pattern: Irish Coffee from Baby Cocktails (can be purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Naturally Aran Tweed colour 85

I chose a dark colour to show that you don't need to knit in cream for the cables to show up.

Last night we watched the Bachelorette.  The masked man was so close to revealing himself.  And then there is Bentley.  It is going to be very messy on Monday night.  It's that train wreck that you can't walk away from.

Now I need to decide what I am going to knit next. Yes, I have lots of unfinished pieces on needles at home but when a major project is finished then another project is cast on. I have it narrowed down to a few garments and will let you know tomorrow.

3 comments:

theresa said...

Thanks for the link. Did you check out the lily pad afghan? Oh my goodness -- gorgeous. Your shawl looks great!

Julie said...

I haven't seen the Lily Pad afghan. It doesn't come up on Ravelry. Do you have a link?

theresa said...

I just saw the picture via your vogue knitting link. I love the colours.