Monday, May 16, 2011

Dainty Ruffles

Later this week we will be receiving Frill Seeker Metal-Frill Seeker with a touch of metallic thread.  It gets better.  The price will be the same as the original Frill Seeker.

While I was in Toronto yesterday at the Open Houses I saw Frill Seeker Metal Light.  Many bags came home with me.

The yarn is not as wide as Frill Seeker so I am calling it dainty ruffles.  Baby ruffles would also work.

I started a scarf yesterday.  8 stitches on 4.5mm needles.  I think that one ball will make a generous scarf.  It was hard to watch hockey, baseball and Survivor at the same time let alone try to do it while knitting.  The scarf didn't progress as fast as I had hoped.

It isn't as wide as the original Frill Seeker scarf but for summer a narrower scarf is nice.

The yarn is super soft.  I was afraid that the metallic might make it scratchy but you don't feel it at all.

The yarn is $7.99 a ball.  Think of the great presents you can start making.

Finally the person I wanted to win on Survivor actually won.  What kind of arguments were Phillip and Natalie making?  They handed the money to Rob.  Both admitted that without Rob they wouldn't have been in the final three.  It amazes me the questions some people ask and the comments they make at the final tribal council.  Julie went off on Natalie. Talk about sour grapes.  She sure would have felt differently about the game if she was in the final.  If you want to make friends and have everyone play a totally honest game then Survivor is not for you.

I am supposed to be writing a newsletter but hit a block.  It's time to get back to it.

No comments: