Sunday, May 01, 2011

Knitter's Frolic

The Knitter's Frolic yesterday was great.  The day did start out a bit shaky.  I arrived at 7 to find out that no one from the Japanese Cultural Centre was there to open the doors.  They didn't show up until 8. Luckily Beth and I got most of the work done on Friday evening.  I wanted that hour to make sure I like where we put everything and start putting out sweaters and bags.  Sarah, Jane and Lynn arrived at 8 and we had to hustle to get the booth done.

Here are the ladies before the doors opened.

Lynn is wearing Elizabeth, the Liberty cardigan that she knit and finished late Friday night.

Sarah is wearing the Noro Tanabata vest.

Jane is wearing a lace cardigan knit in Classic Elite Firefly.

The mannequin is wearing Ravinia from indigirl.

Here are some photos from around the booth.

The madelinetosh that we had in the booth was a big hit.  My shipment that has been caught in Customs was released on Friday afternoon. I should have it in the store on Tuesday.  Great timing!

My Christel Seyfarth shawl.

Many people stopped by to say hello.  Sorry if I missed you.

Beth and I were supposed to unload the van today but we decided that walking with boxes in the rain doesn't sound like fun.  We decided to go TV shopping for the house in Myrtle Beach.  A much better idea.  :)

2 comments:

sarina said...

Just wanted to say I came by your booth at the Frolic and thought it was great! Definitely one of if not the best booth overall. Good yarn choices (especially the number of madelinetosh colourways). Great kit selection (and they were actually all stylish too!). And more spacious booth layout to boot. I loved that all of you were wearing knitted items as well! Needless to say I had wanted to visit your store when I was in the area since coming across your blog (I've never been by) but after seeing your booth at Frolic I know I must sooner then later!

P.S. I bought the Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf kit that came with 3 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock wooo!

Julie said...

Sarina
Thanks for the kind words. Have fun making the scarf kit.