Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cozy

For some reason I was up at 6:30 this morning. I thought about going back to sleep but when that happens I usually wake up with a headache. I dragged myself out of bed and got the day going.  An hour was spent on accounting.  My bank is balanced which helps start the day on a good note.  Then a stop at TD-Canada Trust on the way to work.  I can't believe the exchange rate right now.  I love getting more US $ than the Canadian I took in.

Lynda sent a parcel earlier in the week with a cute cardigan.

Pattern: Honeysuckle
Book:  Classic Elite Meadow (#9136)
Yarn:  Classic Elite Firefly
Sizing:  2XS-XL
# of balls:  4-7

Lynda did a great job blocking the leaf pattern.

Another parcel is off to Lynda today.  One of the projects is another Linen Stitch scarf.  Rhonda wore her's in and I loved the colours.  She brought me the labels and now Lynda is going to make one for me.  I am currently wearing the first one Lynda knit and it so soft and light.  You don't even know that you are wearing it.


A week ago Saturday a new customer visited the store from Toronto. Two days later she called me that she needed more yarn and I got it off to her.  Last night an email came through with the finished picture.  I love it.

Hi! My name is Annie and I’m a knitter from Toronto, Canada. I’ve been knitting for a long time. I usually don’t follow knitting patterns, but may take elements of them to use in my work. Or I may make a variation of the design. I’m partial to cables and texture, but will, on occasion try colourwork. 
The scarf is called Cozy.  I can totally see myself cuddling into it!!

The pattern is available for sale on Ravelry.

Annie has 8 other patterns available on her website that you can download.

There isn't much good to say about last night's Survivor.  It was sad seeing Russell go.  Most people don't like him but he is a fabulous competitor and he totally understands the game.  His team is going to regret throwing a challenge.  They could have had a tarp and blankets. Something that will make the nights easier.

No comments: