Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shades of Summertime

I thought about going to bed at 8pm but then got working on my HST return.  All of a sudden it is 10pm and I still need to do a blog post. There isn't much news today.  The weather in Ancaster was much nicer. Right at freezing.  Beth and I went out for dinner (we cooked at home for 4 nights in a row and the dishwasher was asking for a break) and I had on a turtle neck and sweater shirt.  No ski jacket for me today!!

This afternoon Mr. UPS brought me two boxes yarn from Berroco including the new yarn Linsey
Available in solid colors as well as gently shifting multicolor shades, Linsey™ is an ultra soft yarn for summer. Cool, comfortable and colored in the sun-weathered shades of summertime, this yarn is eminently wearable.
64% cotton
36% linen
20 stitches = 4" on 4.5mm needles

Here are a few pictures from pattern book 307

Bayarri  
Striking in its simplicity, this cardigan is greater than the sum of its straightforward parts: two shades of a gorgeous self-striping yarn plus basic intarsia equal a dazzling kaleidoscopic swath of fabric.
Turia is a lightweight version of a winter classic. Instead of complicated color work, this pullover makes judicious use of the naturally occurring color changes at play.
Palau 
Summertime and the knitting is easy! This stripy vest is comprised of mostly rectangular pieces with a slim contrast color edging.
Multi-coloured yarn makes me very happy.  It keeps me interested while knitting with it.

Now I need to go and do my mailing for the morning.  Both Lynda and Ann have finished projects and I want them to get more yarn before the weekend.  Don't want them sitting around with idle hands.  :)

No comments: