Friday, October 28, 2016

New Needles = New Project

They're here. The new special edition interchangeable needle set from Knitter's Pride.
Each limited edition set includes:

Nine pairs of vibrant color-coded Zing needles in US 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, and 11 (3.5, 3.75, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5 & 8.0mm) that carry laser-marked sizes. 

Four color coded cables: one 24"(60cm - green), two 32" (80cm - orange), and one 40" (100cm - red).  
An assortment of knitting accessories: set of cord connectors, wool needles, and stitch holders, all packed in a coordinated monogrammed fabric pouch.
Everything is beautifully packaged in a box that is perfect for gifting. The Melodies of Life gift set is sure to top every knitter's wish list this holiday season!
I wanted to try the needles but it had to be a quick and easy project. The Inspira Cowl was the perfect choice. The pattern is free on Ravelry. I do the Steampunk Version with no shaping.

I'm using Liberty - 78119 for the main colour and 78126 for the contrast.
Yes, I love making the Inspira Cowl. These are cowls that I have made in the past.

The needles are very nice to knit with. The join is good - the yarn doesn't catch. The yarn slides nicely on the needles. I will say that they aren't as slippery as Addis. There is a touch of a drag. This isn't a bad thing - not everyone likes using Addis because they are afraid that their stitches will slide off.

Now the best news. The interchangeable set is $116. What an amazing gift for someone.

I'm going to join some tips and cast on stitches in the store so that you can try the needles.

If you live out of town, we'll ship. See the set on the website...

I was up early and got my day going. There has been a bit of accounting. Then the procrastinator in me said 'Why not write today's blog post - you can do the accounting tomorrow' so I did.

No comments: