Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Ashling and Annisa

Wannietta finished this amazing shawl and brought it to us at the Knitters' Fair.

Pattern: Ashling Shawl (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: 2 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Reticule in Magnolia
Ashling is a lovely and lightweight shawl to keep you both pretty and warm. It has a little lace, a lot of garter stitch and two sizes - just pick up the one you have enough yarn for!
I did a size larger than the ones indicated.
I repeated rows 1-4 (63) times more, 394 sts.
In the lace patterning, I repeated
Rows 5-8 (20) times more, resulting in 9 lace pattern repeats overall.
Then I finished with a picot bind off.

I finally blocked my shawl and I love it.

Pattern: Annisa Wrap (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Mrs Crosby Train Case - 3 skeins
Fun to knit and wonderful to wear, Annisa is an asymetrical wrap that will let your creative side out to play. Team a solid with a gradient, speckles or bright yarn for playful stripes, add a bold or subtle pop for the eyelets and let Annisa be a perfect reflection of your colour passions.
Now back to the packing. We've unpacked from the Knitters' Fair and now things are going into boxes for Camp. I don't want to jinx it but I think we're ready. A few more things to pack and a bit of printing and I'm done.

No comments: