Friday, February 20, 2015

Hello Myrtle Beach

The day has started out crazy and has continued to be that way.

Beth called me at 7:30 this morning to say that she was at her warehouse and the pipes were frozen. She woke up at 5am with a bad feeling and she was right. Luckily she caught it before they burst and all is good at her work.

She freaked me out so I had to stop at the store before heading to the airport. No problems but better to be sure before heading off and Cathy getting to work at noon and finding the store flooded.

Now I was way behind schedule. I drove very fast to the border. Thankfully there was no one else crossing and I arrived at the airport early enough. Or so I thought. The regular lot was full so you have to park off site. I parked, got in the van to the airport and we sat for 20 minutes. Again, thankfully it was a small airport with only 2 flights leaving so there was no security line. I made it to the gate just in time.

Here is my ride

I had a row to myself on the plane so I watched an episode of Elementary and knit.

Mom and dad met me at the airport and we had lunch before heading home. To meet the furnace repair man. We have two furnaces for the house. One is working (upstairs and my bedroom) and the other isn't (the rest of the house). We also had a visit from the alarm company to fix the alarm. The house is falling apart :)

We're heading for dinner soon and then I might be moving in with mom and dad for the night. We'll see how cold the house is later.

It's really cold here today. One of my parent's neighbours had a water line break in their house this morning. What a mess. This is how my dad is walking around.

I took this quickly without him seeing me. He is in a toque. We're in the south. It's supposed to be warm. Not below freezing.

I'm not complaining because I know you are cold at home. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow for you.

Have a good evening. I'm going to knit :)

No comments: