Sunday, November 16, 2014

The air was blue

Happy Birthday Bev! It was a big one. 70. Some of you might recognize Bev - she used to own a yarn store in Richmond Hill called The Hill Knittery. And we used to do the knitting retreat together before she moved onto to another job. Bev and I have been traveling to trade shows together for over 20 years. Beth and I have gone to New Zealand twice with Bev and her husband. What do you give someone for their 70th birthday? Especially someone who thinks that they are still 50? We gave her a gift certificate to iFly. It is located in Mississauga.
It's an opportunity to experience the sensation of free-fall. Imagine a 14-foot cylindrical diameter vertical tube that is 45 feet tall in which the airstream is passing at a speed of 175 km per hour. Once inside the wind tunnel, you will have a real sense of what skydivers experience during the free-fall portion of their jump, which is generally done from 13 500 to 3 500 feet of altitude at a speed of 200 km per hour. All of that in an environment that is so secure that it is even accessible to children aged of 4 years and older.
She was thrilled. She has always said that sky diving is on her bucket list.
Beth finished her Technicolor Mosaic Cowl. It needs to be blocked but I needed some knitting content for the post. She saw my picture and told me that I have the cowl upside down but it's too late for another picture. My knitting hasn't gone well today. Twice I had to rip out a full row. A few bad words came out of my mouth. Both rows were K1, P1. Not that tough but I was watching football and wasn't paying attention to my knitting. I thought that I would set it aside for a few minutes and write my post.

Here it is so far. I'm going to move to the couch and continue. I'm getting grief at home because Clue #2 isn't finished and Clue #3 is out.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I've never heard of iFly before but it looks amazing! Have you tried it yourself Julie?