Saturday, December 21, 2013

That was really dumb

I got to work this morning and pulled out my Color Play Mohair Wrap. There is a small problem with it. I repeated a colour. I'm into the E&E section and realized that E is the same colour as A. Wow. I don't know how I didn't realize it until today. I did D&E together and it didn't click that I was wrong. Do I rip out? Not on your life :) My shawl is going to be longer now. I'm adding in another colour to keep E and A as far from each other as possible-A is the colour that I start and end the shawl with. Seriously. Talk about not paying attention. Just merrily knitting along. The part that really upsets me is that if I was going to double up on a colour it wouldn't have been that one. :(

I called Beth from the store and told her my dilemma. The response wasn't what I thought I'd get. "You are supposed to be a knitting professional. That was really dumb!!" Thanks for the sisterly love.

Here is the shawl so far.
I'm happy with how it looks and I think when done no one will know that I messed up.

When I walked in the door from work Beth asked me to fix her knitting. She's knitting a cowl with cables and crossed a cable wrong. Karma!! She shouldn't have been mean to me.

No comments: