Saturday, October 01, 2011

Kate is in the house

I have been here for a bit getting ready for Kate's classes. Kate arrived from Toronto with no problems. Thank goodness there isn't traffic on Saturday mornings.
This morning she is teaching Socks 101. The ladies are learning how to knit a pair of socks on four needles. First they are making a mini sock to get the hang of working on four needles, turning a heel and working the toe. Then Kate will be talking about customizing a sock patten.
Kate brought a large selection of socks for everyone to look at.

This morning I put the finishing touches on my display.

The pink scarf in the middle was knit by Lynda. It is Blue Sky Alpacas Brushed Suri and Alpaca Silk. So soft. I'm thinking of taking it for myself.

I've made up a few kits for the scarf and will be doing more today. There are some amazing colours.

This picture shows the details of the scarf better. It is worked lengthwise. You use a single strand of Brushed Suri in stocking stitch and then double the Alpaca Silk for reversed stocking stitch. Very easy. The scarf is super long-just the way I like them.

I still don't have any knitting to report. I was so tired last night that I watched Greys and then headed to bed. Roko and Melo decided that I needed to take them out at 3 so it wasn't as restful a night as I would have liked.

I'm home now. The day was great. I think the ladies learned lots about socks. This afternoon Kate taught 2 socks on 2 circular needles. It is a technique that can take some time to learn. Kate said the students did well.

She should be home now. Kate-I hope you had a safe trip!!

No comments: