Friday, March 08, 2019

Get Together

Joji has a new shawl pattern available on Ravelry.
Get together is a rectangular wrap with chevron ends adorned with gorgeous lacy bands. It is worked in 2 pieces that are joined (the name also makes reference to this) in the centre of the wrap. 
This wrap is an excellent opportunity to use up a lot of leftovers or mini-skeins sets! You will need 2 main colors and several smaller quantities of yarn. I used a shimmer yarn for one of my main colors to add elegance to this party wrap. 
This shawl is knit in two pieces from the ends towards the middle. The stitches are waiting for you to do the joining triangles. You don't have to pick up stitches or sew. Joji used this construction for Starting Point and Fading Point. I have knit both and will have to make this one too!
You will need 2 skeins of fingering weight for the main colours of the shawl. Then you need 6 more colours. For these you need about 60m. Mini skeins. Left overs. The possibilities are endless.

My flight isn't until 7pm but I'm worried about traffic crossing at the border. I'm leaving early and I'll go shopping.

I have my iPad and I'll blog from Myrtle Beach. There could be one or two Lucy pictures.

No comments: