Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Food Drive

It's that time again. The Ancaster Community Food Drive. We have been collecting food and cash donations in the store for the past few years. Last year we collected over $825 and many, many cans of food.

You can read more about the Food Drive here...

We are going to be making 3 gift baskets. If you bring in food or a cash donation, we will put your name into a draw.

Tickets
For every food item you bring in you will receive one ticket.

If you donate $10 we will give you 10 tickets.

If you donate $20 we will give you 25 tickets.

You can drop off food and cash in the store. If you live out of town and would like to donate, please call me at 1-800-667-9167.

We will mail out the basket (anywhere in Canada) if you donate and win.
This is what it looks like on the day of the food drive. Many, many boxes of food are ready to go to the great agencies who help in the community.

I talked with Amy at Madelinetosh this morning. They are sending one of their new Ursa Major kits - 3 skeins of tosh merino light. This is for one basket. Then there will be a skein of sock yarn for the other baskets.
Not all the baskets will be the same. I will try and divide them up to be close to the same dollar value.
Anzula sent a skein of Squishy home with me from TNNA.
I collected all the mini skeins at TNNA for the kit for the new Vegas Nights Shawl.
A copy of Sally Melville's new pattern Necessary Neutrals will be in one basket.
Each gift basket will have 4 mini bottles of Soak - Pineapple Grove, Yuzu, Scentless and Fig.
There will be a JUL shawl pin in each basket. Two baskets will have the Grape Tendril (pictured) and one will have the Passion Flower.


I am still working with suppliers about donations. We will continue to update the list. I know that they will come through with great prizes and the baskets will be amazing!

Lorna's Laces will be sending something for all three baskets.
N. Jefferson who I buy Knitters Pride needles from has something on the way to us.
Knit One, Crochet Too (a new supplier to us) is sending something for each basket.
Blue Sky Fibers is adding something to my next order.
SweetGeorgia Yarns is sending us something.

Wow. There are a lot of somethings. I will keep updating my post with what the somethings are. I will also update as I hear from more of my suppliers.

One of my suppliers commented today that I am very passionate about this. I am. I have been very blessed and there are many people out there struggling. If we all give a little these amazing agencies can make it go a long way.

If you aren't able to help now, please help out your local food bank when you can. They are always in need.

No comments: