Friday, February 16, 2018

Cold Roses

We received a newsletter from Amanda at Lorna's Laces this week about a beautiful new pattern and yarn colour.
A few months ago we were thinking over who would be amazingly fun to work with for Color Commentary and Carina Spencer popped into our heads. She has this stunning tattoo based on Jared Flood's Rock Island Shawl. Rock Island was the design Jared created to accompany his Color Commentary shade Brooklyn Tweed's Grand Street Ink. Fortunately she didn't run screaming when I sent her an email which basically said 'I like your tattoo want to make something pretty with me?'. I have to tell you she really knocked it out of the park with this one!We like to give total freedom on Color Commentary shades. Ideally the designer will make the exact thing they have always wanted or are currently obsessed with. We sat down (virtually unfortunately) and discussed the perfect shades of creamy peachy dried roses.
We settled on February as the perfect release date. Both of our birthdays are in February. We dyed up a few samples shades and Carina's Afterglow was born.
I rushed a bit of Shepherd Sport off to Carina and next thing I know sneak preview images were in our inbox. I was completely blown away. Cold Roses (pattern purchased on Ravelry) is the perfect name. I love her play of a feminine lacey yoke with a tailored and structured body. Sized for a 41 1/4 - 68" bust and using 6/10 skeins of Shepherd Sport this will be a fantastic knit for most anyone.
We have the Shepherd Sport in Afterglow on order and hope to see it by the end of next week.

Lynn tried on our new sweater this morning.


She mentioned a couple of changes that she would make
-the sleeves need to be shorter
-maybe make the neck a bit shorter so that it sits up - it is so tall that it falls down

Mr. Canada Post brought in a small package from madelinetosh this morning. These are for the Food Drive baskets.
Ursa Major Shawl Set for one basket - 3 skeins of tosh merino light
There are two skeins of a special tosh merino light (one each for two baskets) - it has a bit of sparkle.
My suppliers have been awesome and there is more to come.

We had family dinner out and now it's time to knit. I really want to do some work but my coach just called and mentioned my deadline.

No comments: