Monday, September 19, 2016

Knitting Love

Outline is totally finished including blocking. The Skinny Singles from Hedgehog Fibres block beautifully.

Blocking doesn't have to be a lot of work. I'm a lazy blocker. I soaked the shawl in Soak for about 15 minutes. I drained the sink and gently pushed on the shawl to remove the excess water. I rolled it in a towel for an hour to get out most of the water out. Then I laid it out on a fresh towel. I didn't pin it. At the beginning you need to change the towel fairly often because it can get pretty wet but as the shawl starts to dry you can change the towel less frequently. It took about 30 hours to dry.
I love the shawl so much that there are four skeins at home waiting to be wound. I'm making another one.
While this was drying I finished Hitchhiker. I love this one too.

While I was winding skeins of Skinny Singles, I was soaking Hitchhiker in the new Pineapple Grove Soak. I am in love. The laundry room smells amazing. My sewing room smells amazing!!

I totally forgot to change the blog and Facebook to say that we are open on Mondays again.

Our hours until the end of March are

Monday - Thursday 10-5:30
Friday noon-7
Saturday 10-4
Sunday Closed

No comments: