Tuesday, April 05, 2016

The Miller's Daughter

Diana came by the store this afternoon with a new sample for us. I'm in love. I'm going to a charity dinner tomorrow night and this could be what I wear.
Pattern: The Miller's Daughter (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Mrs. Crosby Reticule
From the designer, Melanie Berg
We’ve spent our summer vacation in 2015 at an old mill - a beautiful, wondrous place, filled with all kinds of animals, flowers and adventures for the kids to discover.

So while they were busy revealing secrets, playing in the barn and roasting marshmallows at the campfire, I had a lot of time to sit and knit.

It was easy to feel like the miller’s daughter - sitting in the shadows under trees in bloom, watching the cats, listening to the repetitive sound of the mill-wheel and letting the knitting needles do their magic.

So when I was all done with my work, when all stitches were bound off and the shawl was ready to take its first bath, it was perfectly clear to me that only one name would be the right one:

The Miller’s Daughter.
Yardage from the pattern

Colour A - 93 g / 610 yds [558 m] used for sample
Colour B - 95 g / 623 yds [570 m] used for sample
Colour C - 6 g / 40 yds [36 m] used for sample
The shawl calls for 3 colours so that's what we used. The denim colour was only used for a few rows and there is almost a full ball left over. You can add in more rows of the contrast if you want to use more of the skein.
I have an idea going on in my head to use the leftovers. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to bring them home with me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What are the 3 colourways used?

Julie said...

We used Wild Huckleberry, Midnight Aubergine and French Chambray

Julie said...

Hi Donna
It's Submarine not French Chambray