Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Camelot

Last week I talked about Camelot, a new yarn from Classic Elite. There is a free cardigan pattern in this weeks Web-Letter.
From the designer, Susan Mills
Self-striping yarns are nothing new but we're really excited about our newest yarn Camelot. Camelot takes self striping to a whole new level! Each colorway contains 10 distinct dyed-in-the-wool shades. The dyed fiber is blended as it is spun resulting in a single ply with multiple colors striping that also gives a marled effect.

This week's cardigan pattern is worked side to side, in two halves joined at center back, with the stripes running in flattering vertical lines. Feather and fan stitch adds interest on the sleeves.


Mark your calendars for the Toronto Knitters Frolic. The marketplace is open on Saturday and there will be workshops offered Saturday and Sunday. I will share more information as it becomes available.

My flight home was very non-eventful. We left on time and landed early. It took 15 minutes from the wheels touching down to my starting the car. It is so great to fly out of Niagara Falls.

Now it's time to get to my knitting. I really mismanaged my time in Myrtle Beach. I should have been working on the Doodler at the start of my trip to make sure that I finished the first clue. Then I could have gone to Elbow River. I worked backwards and now I'm only on the 12th wedge of the mystery shawl. I have to get going tonight and tomorrow but I don't think I can knit that fast.

1 comment:

Irene said...

I must say, when I saw your title, I thought for sure you were about to talk about our new Primeminister, this is so much lovelier.