Monday, April 06, 2015

Babies

Today was my first Monday off. There were some errands and getting Beth off to the airport. She has flown to Myrtle Beach to meet my parents and then her and dad are off to the Masters. They have tickets for Wednesday's practice round. Two kids going to Disney aren't as excited as those two. It's me and the dogs this week.

Have you noticed that there is a baby epidemic right now? Every day customers are coming in to purchase yarn for baby projects. Our good friends just had a baby girl so Beth is knitting Miriam a baby blanket. She took it with her so I can't show a picture. I wonder how much she'll knit while she's away - hopefully she doesn't make a mistake.

Andi Clark designed this for Classic Elite and the pattern is free...

From Andi

I firmly believe that every baby deserves something handmade when they are born. And for a special baby, this blanket is perfect. Colorful and soft and cozy and machine washable (very important for moms), Liberty Wool is made for babies and kids. 
This blanket is easy to knit once you get past the first few rounds. It uses a different but easy to learn method for casting on. After that it’s the perfect project for those times you need a simple knit. It’s almost magical how the different colors of Liberty Wool print flow into each other as you knit, keeping you entranced by the beauty that is coming off your needles. And before you know it, you have a blanket that will thrill the parents and will endure lots of loving by the recipient.

Another great project is the Cupcake Baby Blanket. I wrote the pattern for this blanket and it is free when you purchase the yarn.

 50% Nylon, 50% Acrylic

Lovely and soft, Cupcake from Peter Pan can be quickly knitted on 4.5mm needles and is available in 17 colourful ribbon effect colours


6 balls is all you need.

Baseball season started last night. Go Jays Go. One down and 161 to go.

The final of the NCAA basketball tournament is on. It's time to go and watch. In our family pool it is mom vs. Beth. I'm not sure who I want to win. 

2 comments:

emmacole1979 said...

Aw, I forgot about this photo! Thanks for posting it, Julie! I'll bring the kids in soon.

Delusional Knitter said...

I love baby blankets ... smaller projects and quicker :o) Love that link to the Center Out Baby Blanket ... I'll add that to my list!