Thursday, August 22, 2013

Arya

I really meant to write a post yesterday but it was one of those days. The store was busy and in between customers I started making kits for the Knitters' Fair. After work I visited my chiropractor, then grocery shopping then home to make dinner. At that point I couldn't come up with anything good to write. I decided it was better to knit :)

Mr. Canada Post brought in a box from Offhand Designs this morning. We have more Arya bags.

Capacious carry-all with 3 compartments and endless pockets, pouches and tool slots. Room for all of your electronics, books and the central compartment pops open and stays open with a practical hexe frame closure for knitting or just seeing deep into the corners. Versatile handles offer short handles and a luxurious adjustable shoulder strap which extends to wear cross body for heavy lifting.
We have one of each bag. More should be coming in October-fingers crossed.



Anne was in yesterday and starting talking about Flipboard.

Here is the website so that you can read about it. I think the best description is a social magazine.

I played yesterday and made one. I will keep posting pictures and articles to it. It's a great way to flip through things quickly and if something catches your eye you can click on it and read more.

Here are a few screenshots of my magazine. I sent Beth a link to take a look. Her response was
Ohh  - that was cool!
Here's Anne's - she has a much better name (and way more articles) than me - Flock.

And finally. Some knitting. We have lots of colours of Classic Elite Fresco in stock.
Fresco is a smooth and even 3-ply sport weight yarn. The plies are twisted together tightly enough to make a firm, springy yarn, but not so tightly that the yarn looses its lofty, soft hand. The fiber blend—wool (for warmth and strength), alpaca (for loft and sheen), and a bit of angora (to provide a soft halo)—makes a yarn that’s warm, soft, and slightly fuzzy. Fresco is available in a palette of 40 colors, which makes it great for colorwork projects. However as you can see from this weeks project, the yarn is also beautiful worked up in solid-color lacy patterns on a larger needle. 
Here are some pictures from a new Classic Elite book - 9241 Alpine Forest.





This is the Fresco Basket Whip Cowl-a free pattern from Classic Elite.

It's going to be an interesting Big Brother tonight. Is Spencer going to make it another week? And what juror is going to make it back?

Tomorrow morning I will post the winner of the Cinnamon Kane Soakbox. Good luck to all who entered!!

2 comments:

Candice said...

You are proof - if you give a mouse a cookie . . . hope you know kids' lit. Congrats on you new social magazine. I like it.

Julie said...

Candice - I didn't know the story but looked it up online. :) Thanks for taking a look. Anne is a bad influence.