Sunday, October 07, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone is enjoying a weekend with family and friends. Last night we had dinner at Aunt Rene's and Uncle Bob's. There were many laughs and lots of great food. Turkey tastes very good when someone else cooks it. :)

The leaves in our back yard are continuing to change. The colours in town are beautiful.

I've made it to 5" on my scarf
I'm guessing that the scarf is going to end up 7"-8" wide before blocking.

When you see the three colours individually you wouldn't guess how the scarf is going to turn out. There are two multi-colours and one solid. The solid is definitely the predominant colour when the scarf is knit. I thought I was going to get a purple scarf. I'm not complaining because I love how it is working out but it is a good lesson for when I put together kits and make colour suggestions to customers.

There are colours picked out already for the next one that I am going to knit. I'm planning on two skeins of each colour for that one. I think that I will cast on 50 extra stitches and will end up with an amazingly large scarf.

Today is going to be a very busy day. NFL, 4 baseball games, Nascar and then tonight we have The Amazing Race and Revenge. Thank goodness Beth will be home today (last Sunday she was golfing) so she can change the channels and I can keep knitting.

Have a great day. I hope you are eating lots of turkey and pumpkin pie.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

What a really, really pretty scarf!

Happy Thanksgiving. :)