Monday, April 09, 2012

Dreaded A Word

We had a great dinner at Aunt Rene's last night. Lots of turkey and all the fixings!! Thankfully Aunt Rene lets us eat dinner in front of the TV-we didn't want to miss the finish of the Masters. Bubba was a popular win with the crowd.

The body is almost done on Tiny Tea Leaves. I had to put the knitting away during the Amazing Race-they are in Africa and I had to pay attention. All those animals. What a dream to see it in person. It was good to see Lou get fired on Celebrity Apprentice. He liked to complain and if I heard that he gave 110% one more time I think I was going to scream.

I brought out the laptop this morning that has my accounting on it. Normally I work on a Mac but the accounting program that I have used for many years only works with Windows. I know that I can put Windows on my Mac but that caused major problems once before and I lost all my accounting. I was going to spend the day working on accounting (the dreaded A word) so that I can finish my tax return. Beth ran out of paper at work on Saturday and forgot to take some with her this morning. I got up and rushed a pack out to her. Then the shopping started. Bouclair Home was the first stop. I bought some book ends for the upstairs bookshelves. There were stops at Limeridge, a few stops in Oakville and then Burlington before getting home. I was starting to look for things for my parents house. I'm doing the scouting and then taking them back if I see something I think they will like.

The knitting content today is lacking so I borrowed some pictures from my supplier (Deep South Fibers) for a few of the patterns that we received last week.

Concetta Cardigan
from The Brown Stitch-knitting patterns by Elizabeth Smith
Concetta has top-down raglan construction and is worked in one piece. Sleeves are split at the underarms and the body is worked in one piece to the hem. Sleeve sts are then transferred to smaller circular needles and worked in the round to the cuff (with slight bell-shaping). Stitches are picked up and worked in 2×2 Rib to create the neck ribbing and button bands.
The cardigan is knit in worsted/aran weight yarn-tosh vintage, Cascade 220, Berroco Blackstone Tweed, Naturally Aran Tweed...

Abbi Shawl Collar Cardigan
Another great design from The Brown Stitch
An easy and fast knit sized from XS-2X, this cardigan has raglan construction, worked from the top down, and completely seamless.Stitches are picked up to create the front bands and short rows are worked to create shawl collar. Pattern instructions are to make cap sleeves, but you can easily make the sleeves longer if you prefer. Worked up at 2.5 stitches per inch, you can start and finish this project in a week or less.
This is knit in a bulkier yarn-Debbie Bliss Luxury Tweed Chunky, Filatura di Crosa Charly, Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky...

It's time to put my feet up and get to work on Tiny Tea Leaves. I need it done right away so I can back to the Trendsetter Vest. The Frolic will be here very soon and I have to have it done.

1 comment:

Linda in Waterloo said...

Wow - what a lot of fun catching up with all the posts after Easter weekend. Thanks!