Monday, March 12, 2012

Knitting Machine

There was no time to post yesterday. I was a knitting machine. The decreases are done and I reached almost 5" past where the sleeves were joined to the body. Now I need to do some short rows. This will make the cardigan longer in the back than in the front. Not hard to do and the instructions in the book are excellent.

I wanted to knit more last night but made myself go to bed at 11:30. It was an early morning today. Out of the house at 8 for a quick trip to Toronto. I stopped at one of my distributors to pick up yarn for a customer (forgot my list and didn't get yarn for another customer-not a bright moment) and then on to get bags for the store. I was back in the store by 11:30 with lunch for Jane. Then onto Beth's warehouse to help her out for the afternoon. I'm home for a few minutes then off to have my nails done.

Ms. Canada Post brought in some more patterns today including the Berkeley Square Cardigan
Fiber Trends Pattern FT466 Design by Therese Chynoweth
Classic rib trim is combined with knit-and-purl texture to create a sophisticated, yet relaxed cardigan. Wear it with jeans or dress it up to suit your mood. With only two seams to sew, this is one design for the minimalist in all of us. The body is worked in one piece to the armholes, shoulders are joined using three needle bind off, and the sleeves are worked in the round to the underarm.
Size: XS (S, M, L, XL, 2XL)
Finished Bust Measurement: 35 3/4 (40 1/4, 44 1/2, 48 1/4, 52 1/2. 56 1/4)
Yarn Requirements: 1200 (1325, 1500, 1600, 1750, 1875) yds of a worsted weight yarn.

Needles: Circular (circ) US size 8 (5mm), 16" & 32" (40 cm & 80 cm), and set of 4 or 5 double pointed (dp) needles.
Other Supplies: Split ring markers or coil less pins, stitch holders, six 1" (25 mm) buttons.
Gauge: 19 stitches and 26 rows= 4" in Boxes pattern. 
This will look great in madelinetosh vintage!

Beth just got home from work and there is a newsletter in her inbox to proof read. It should be going out to you tonight. Last night while lying in bed I was trying to think of things for today's post. I came up with something good-so good that it will be in a tips and tricks newsletter going out next week.

Time to run. After my nails the knitting will resume. Top Chef finale tonight and then the start of Top Chef Canada. I can't believe I watch these. I don't cook and wouldn't eat most of the food they make but I can't get enough of it.

No comments: