Thursday, December 01, 2011

New Scarves

The sun is shining which makes it a good day for taking pictures. I need to get another picture of this cowl so that you can see the stitch pattern. Unfortunately the ground is muddy. I am wearing new shoes today and thought better of walking through the mud too often.

Pattern: Fragile Scarf Wrap from Rowan Lace
The original pattern was a shawl but we knit one repeat, cast off and joined into a circle to make a beautiful, light, dressy cowl. Thank you Diana for the idea.
Yarn: Rowan Fine Lace
While the ladies were busy in class last night I finished off my Berroco Lacey scarf.

One ball of Berroco Lacey (click at the top of the page to see the shades)
4 or 4.5mm needles

Video on how to make the scarf

Mr. Canpar just brought in two huge boxes. 6 brand new colours of Frillseeker and colours of Cascade 220 we were out of.

Right after Ms. Canada Post brought in two boxes. Knitting from Lynda and a box from Namaste.

Pattern: Easy Folded Poncho from Churchmouse Yarns and Teas
Yarn: 7 balls of Sportwool from Filatura di Crosa

Unfortunately my pictures aren't as good as Jared's pictures on the Churchmouse patterns. :)

Lynda's comment on the poncho
The cowl neck poncho has a very soft and smooth texture

Pattern: Bias 'Before and After' Scarf
Yarn: 1 ball of Silky Alpaca Lace from Classic Elite

From Lynda while she was knitting
They are right, it is truly ugly before blocking!!!  Will continue and trust that they are also right that it will be beautiful after!!
And then from Lynda when she was done knitting
The bias scarf is truly  beautiful "after" blocking; the coloring is a sort of sophisticated tie-dyed look and the fabric is lovely, soft and light.
It was a late night last night. We didn't start Survivor until after 10:30. Then we raced through the X Factor. The judges were harsh again. Unfortunately Simon can dish it out about other peoples performers but can't take it when they talk about his. I wish Drew would sing an upbeat song. Can you imagine going to see her in concert? I would be asleep by the time she started the third song. Melanie's performance was amazing. I'm glad that she finally had a song that she could belt out.

I haven't touched my knitting in a few days. I really need to get back to it so I'm signing off, going to wrap myself in my snuggie and knit. Yes. I can admit it. I have a snuggie and I love it.

No comments: