Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gabbiano

There is no knitting to show from last night. I got some rows done but not enough for a better picture. I didn't get home from the store until 7:30, finished my blog post, ate dinner and then knit a bit while watching the baseball game. I went to bed with the intention of getting up for the rugby match. I woke at 2:30 and in my mind thought I would wake up at 3:30. I didn't wake up until 5:30 when I heard the dogs. Beth did get up for the game and she was bitter at 5:30. The game wasn't exciting and the score was very low.

Last week I knit a cowl, didn't like it, ripped it out and tried again. Here is the finished result. I love this one. Beth tried it on a was raving about how soft it was and how great it felt on her neck.
Cathy knit the cowl over the last few nights to make sure that the pattern is correct. The pattern is good to go so now I am printing it off for the store-it is free when you purchase the yarn.

Yarn: 3 balls of Gabbiano from Naturally
Needles: 12mm 60cm circular

The cables are easy to do, even for a beginner.

Gabbiano is 39% wool, 39% acrylic and 22% polyamide. There are 40m on a 50gram ball.

If you don't want to knit a cowl there are great garment patterns in Gabbiano too.

It is much later in the day. After work Beth and I went out for a bit. I came home, ate dinner and played around on Ravelry for a while.  Okay, longer than a while. I found some patterns that I like and even bought one-The Double Striped Moebius. I didn't bring yarn home for this because there are few things that need to get finished for next Saturday. I really wanted to. Probably Monday. :)

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Love the cowl!