Saturday, July 09, 2011

Rowan 50

Beth and I are just getting ready for a game of golf. Today we are going to the Dye Course at Bearfoot Landing. This is one of our favourite courses and we always jump at the chance to play it.


At Barefoot Resort, Pete Dye set out to create something that would linger in the golfer's mind forever.
Bordering the natural white sands of the Carolina Bays, this visually stunning design is filled with the infamous pitfalls for wayward shots that have become synonymous with the Dye name. Both beautiful and treacherous, the Dye Course is an experience you won't soon forget. 
There hasn't been much knitting content in the last week. I don't have any pictures of my knitting to show but here is something better. I chose a couple pictures from Rowan Magazine 50 to show you. The magazine hasn't arrived in the store yet but members of Rowan International are starting to receive their copies. It is being released on July 15 and hopefully we will have it the following week. Shipping from the US takes a couple of days.

Holly knit in Felted Tweed. This is the surprise garment that Jane is knitting for me. Jane loves knitting Kaffe Fassett and when I saw this at TNNA I knew it was something that she could sink her teeth into.

I showed a small picture of Hawthorne in a previous post. This is what Lynda is making right now.

Alder knit in Kidsilk Haze. The colour combination is beautiful. Totally my colours-I need this as well.

Maple is also knit in Felted Tweed. 

Bonnie.  The Rowan website does not show me what yarns were used for the garments. The tweed sweaters are easy to figure out but the plain yarns are harder to determine.

Joyce

No comments: