Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I know better

After getting home from dinner last night Beth and I went upstairs to watch the hockey and catch up on the DVR.  First we watched Big Break.  I was working away on my shawl when disaster struck.  I made a mistake and when taking back a few stitches I dropped one.  Beth was talking away to me and I not so politely asked her to be quiet so I could figure it out.  After a few minutes I got the stitch picked up correctly and all was good.  Yes, I apologized but it was a crisis situation.  When I finished the row I put my knitting aside for the evening. We then watched The Bachelorette.  Why?  I totally know better.  I didn't like Ashley on the Bachelor and don't like her any better now.  She just talks and talks.  There were a few good moments but really it was a waste of time.  Thank goodness we could fast forward through most of it.  What was with the guy in the mask?  Seriously dude.

Mr. Canada Post brought in two huge boxes from Namaste along with a box from Ann. Here is the Cascade Vest that I talked about in our last newsletter.

Pattern: Cascade Vest (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Kauni-2 balls of EOC and 2 balls of EFL
Needles:  3.5mm circular

I really like how the colours came out. When you are picking two different colours with very long colour repeats you never know how they are going to work together.

It doesn't get much easier than this vest. You are working side to side in garter stitch.  2 rows from one ball and then 2 rows from the other.

I forgot to take a shawl pin outside with me but found the perfect one when I came back inside.

I have been working away on Rock Island today and am finished row 12-half way through this chart.  When the chart is done the shawl is finished with garter stitch.

The only way to get a better picture of the whole shawl is to slip half the stitches on another needle. That could be a disaster waiting  to happen. What happens if I miss a stitch? Now there are four ends that the stitches can fall off the needle. I will try and knit faster so that I can get a good picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally forgot about The Bachelorette!! Phew - it's on Rogers On Demand!!!