Saturday, April 23, 2011

Busy Knitters

Finally it felt like spring today.  Warmer weather and no rain.

There are two new samples hanging in the store.

This beautiful cardigan was in the parcel from Lynda that I received earlier this week. There should be one button on the cardigan but the button fairy didn't stop in this week.

Pattern: Sirdar book 398
Yarn:  Debbie Bliss Bella colour 09 Old Rose

The yarn is 85% cotton, 10% silk and 5% cashmere and shows stitch patterns very well.

Emma stopped by early today with the Kari Cowl

Pattern:  Kari Cowl from KnitWhits
Yarn:  Coastline colourway of Freia

The cowl is knit in the round and the lace pattern is easy to master.

I finished the baby cardigan I was knitting in Classic Elite Liberty.  Now it just needs to be blocked and have the buttons sewn on.  The blocking will be done tomorrow and the buttons are coming from Lantern Moon.

Last night I couldn't decide what to knit.  I pulled out a scarf that I was working on in tosh pashmina.  Small problem-I couldn't find the pattern. It isn't in my house (and when I got to work today I found out that all the patterns have been sold).  Then I pulled out Dryad, an amazing cabled scarf pattern from Jared Flood.  The pattern calls for 20 pattern repeats and I have 13 done.  It was fun to work on cables again.  I will try and get a picture tomorrow.

The third period is about to start in a 0-0 game.  I think it is time to concentrate.

No comments: