Friday, April 15, 2011

Another project done

As promised I finished the cardigan.  Okay, I finished knitting the cardigan.  The ends still need to be sewn in but I wanted to get a picture before it was dark out. Everyone who saw it today in the store commented on how cute it is.

Pattern:  Summer Open Cardigan (#294) from Knitting Pure & Simple
Size:  Small
Yarn:  2.5 skeins of madelinetosh merino in Amber Trinket
Needles:  5mm and 6.5mm

A very large box arrived today from Lorna's Laces.  Lots of Helen's Lace (including Grand Street Ink) and Shepherd Sock.  There was a surprise in the box.  Four colours of Shepherd Sport-Kerfuffle, Chocolate, Cranberry and Douglas Fir.  The yarn is for the Ravinia Cardigan from indigirl. Amy says
Can I admit that this cardigan sprang, as if fully formed, from a heart-felt wish to find myself in the middle of one of those midwestern summer nights? It may sound overly romantic, but the design came from the idea of needing only a light layer, enjoying a candlelit picnic, and an hour or two of music.
If you’re from the Chicago area, you probably know exactly why I chose the name “Ravinia”. Ravinia is a unique summer-long music festival, and Ravinia is exactly what I will wear the next time I’m lucky enough to spend an evening under the stars.
The design begins from the neck down and is worked in a circular fashion to the bust line. The body is then knit from the hem up in an easy lace pattern and joined using a three needle bind off.
The pattern should be in the store next week.

Mom and dad have the keys to the house and Beth is on her way to Myrtle Beach.  She is doing a shopping spree tomorrow and then a quick round of golf on Sunday before heading back on Monday afternoon.  Thank goodness direct flights are now available.  In the past we flew Buffalo to Charlotte and then changed planes before continuing into Myrtle.

I will be watching hockey and baseball tonight and a new project is going to be started.  A few days ago I showed the new pattern for a child's cardigan from Classic Elite for Liberty Prints. My goal is to have it done next week.

No comments: