Sunday, May 02, 2010

Are you ready for Mother's Day?

All of a sudden that it hit me-Mothers Day is next week.  What do we get our mom?  Do we have to buy her a present if she isn't here to spend the day with us?

This weekend some of my suppliers were having open houses in Toronto to see the new yarns for fall.  My morning started at 7:30 so that I could be on the road by 9.  Normally I would take the 407 but since it was Sunday morning I figured the 401 would be okay.  If you live in Southern Ontario you know that at the Ford Plant in Oakville you must exit to the 403 to get to the 401.  I have done this drive many, many times in my life.  I wasn't paying any attention and when I rounded the curve after the Ford Plant realized that I was still on the QEW.  Stupid girl!!  Not a big deal, I jumped on the 427 but I hate not using my head.

I wasn't in Toronto for very long-Beth was golfing and we didn't want the dogs to be alone all day.  There are many notes in my little book and more in my head but I am only going to share a few right now.

Noro Silk Garden and Kureyon each have 8 new colours.
Noro Iro has 6 new colours.

Purple is very predominant in all the Noro lines this fall.  I am a happy girl.

There are 3 new yarns from Noro but I will save those for another day.

Joan knit this beautiful shawl and the original picture I put up was not great.  I took one outside which is much better.

Pattern:  Swallowtail Shawl
Yarn:  2 balls Noro Kureyon Sock
Needles:  4mm

I might be wearing this at the Frolic if I don't get my cardigan done.  The front is at row 120.  Just over 100 rows to go.  Luckily there is no front band to be picked up so the only finishing is sewing.

No comments: