Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reconsidering

Monday afternoon


It is hot in Canada. The weather in Myrtle Beach was definitely cooler than this. It doesn't help that the front and back doors are propped open to let the paint dry. We turned the air conditioning off and our house is really, really hot.

I ran to the store earlier. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to see the work that Cathy had done and to pick up the new Rowan magazine.

Cathy is a bit of a neat freak. Behind the cash desk was a nightmare. She spent a couple of days and totally cleaned it out. You can walk back there. You can find things. Everything is neatly arranged. I'm thinking of having her come to my house and do my closet. She is amazing!!

The new magazine isn't that nice. :) It is amazing. There are many garments that I need.

Two new colours of Felted Tweed. The purple/fuchsia on the right is a big colour in Rowan's line this fall. It is available in almost every yarn. I'm not complaining-what a beautiful colour.
There are three new colours of Drift including the purple/fuchsia.

I'm started to rethink my Olympic knitting. There is no way that I can finish Tiree in two weeks. I don't think Wannietta could get it done in that time. Maybe a sweater in Drift might be a better option. 

Bailey might be it. The pattern is in the magazine in men's and women's sizes or you can download it from Rowan's website.
Knit this women's cable sweater from Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 52, a design by Marie Wallin using the ever popular yarns Big Wool and Drift (merino wool). With a drop shoulder, straight cast-off sleeves and colour block detail, this knitting pattern is for the intermediate knitter.
I'm not sure I would use the Big Wool in my sweater but would make it totally out of Drift. Leaving out the intarsia will make the knitting go faster and I think the sweater will look great in one colour.
Knit this men's cable sweater from Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 52 online, a design by Marie Wallin using the ever popular yarns Big Wool and Drift (merino wool). With a drop shoulder, straight cast-off sleeves and colour block detail, this knitting pattern is for the intermediate knitter and is a free pattern to download.
Mom has been having problems with the TV in her sewing room. Beth went to pick up the dogs and mom asked her to see if she can make it work. Mom had called the cable company and the guy who came out was less than helpful. Beth thinks she has it going but has to wait 45 minutes for the box to reset. I was going to nap but there is no sense laying down when the dogs will be coming home-I will have two of them standing on top of me. I did some updating of the website getting some of the new Rowan yarns up and then decided to start on tomorrow's post. There wasn't much knitting content while I was away and I'm going to do better this week.

Tuesday


I have studied the Rowan Drift and Bailey will be the Olympic sweater in 913 Vintage Rose. My fingers are itching to cast on but I can't until 2pm on Friday.

I had a bit of a scare when I came to work this morning-the TV wasn't working. If all else fails unplug everything and try again. This didn't work. I was freaking out. The Olympics are starting and I wouldn't be able to watch on TV. Finally I tried hitting the power button on the dish converter. IT WORKS! I am so happy.

Last night I got some knitting done on the Mystery Shawl. Clue #1 is almost done. 29 repeats-3 to go.

A newsletter just went out and should be in your In Box very soon. Now it's time to unpack the box that Mr. Canada Post just brought from Prism.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, maybe not but you know how much I love a deadline. ;)