Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rowan-spring 2009

  • I finally finished square number 18. Here are squares 16, 17 and 18. Maybe over the weekend I will get the last two done. Beth asks every day when I will have it finished. She is very excited for it to hang in the house. It will hang in the store for a while first but I'm not telling her that right now.

    I ordered the spring Rowan this morning. The new magazine looks great. Unfortunately I couldn't keep any of the pictures so this is from memory. Also, I'm not supposed to talk about the new yarns and books until January so here is a small sample just to get you excited.
  • 4ply Cotton, Damask and Bamboo Tape are discontinued.
  • there are 2 new yarns
  • Jaeger Siena will be relabeled as RYC Siena
  • 3 new colours of RYC Cotton Jeans
  • 2 new colours of RYC Natural Silk Aran
  • new magazine from Martin Storey using these 2 yarns-great patterns for men, women and children
  • a few favourites that have been a bit neglected (Calmer, All Seasons Cotton and Summer Tweed) are used in the new magazine
  • there are 6 colours discontinued in Kidsilk Haze-that is the bad news but the good news is that 4 new colours have been added.
  • the new magazine has a fabulous shawl in Kidsilk Haze

It's time to start packing up to go home. Have a good night and stay warm.

No comments: